RPG Design Archive | KingSpoom's RPG Design & Theory Junkyard

RPG Design Archive

Thanks for visiting my RPG Design Archive. Here is a list of all my previous posts that have to do with roleplaying games. I have tried to remain on the mechanical side of rpg design. I don't have many posts on the social side of designing an rpg because it is harder to make it useful and provide tips that go beyond common sense (in my opinion). Thankfully, there are other blogs that talk more about the social aspect of roleplaying.

The Six Successful Game Elements: Part 1
Combat and Non-Combat Skills
RPG Firewalls
Hero Points: Part 3
Hero Points: Part 2
Designing an RPG: Action Points & Hero Points
Mechanical Character Advancement
Mechanic Design: Character Skills
NPC Creation
My Power 19
Game Design: Locked Doors
Powers that change RPGs
Advancement VS. GM
More on tasks and conflict
Character: Tool or Tool
The death of player input
RPGs slowly creeping into preset group templates?
Attacking defense
A choice of mechanics?
Invisible wall of GMing?
A bit on interest
Not who, but how...
The Metagame
Acceptable losses?
GM perspective revisited
Dice vs Diceless: Changes the GM perspective?
The Payoff?
Politics as an understone for a Pencil & Paper campaign
GM tips
Why many games have balancing problems

... and that concludes my blog posting history on rpg design. Hopefully you found some interesting topics in there that helped you along the way with your own roleplaying game. If you haven't, but are still interested in my style, you can always suggest an area for me to post about.

0 Comments: